Sunday, May 31, 2015

Hip & Healthy Hydration


We all know that we should be drinking more water. It should be our primary beverage, and we should drink it often to flush toxins out of our bodies and to keep our organs and tissues in tip-top shape. It's critical for healthy digestion, sound sleep, and clear, youthful skin. When you think about it, water really is our primary beauty product. The healthier our skin is, the fewer products we need to use to enhance our complexions.

In the United States, we are fortunate to live in country where tap water is potable and plentiful. We also see bottled water everywhere now, which is a better alternative to drinking sugary or caffeinated drinks. However, with disposable water bottles, we run the risk of consuming toxins through the plastic. BPA is the most well known of these toxins, but even some BPA-free plastics contain other chemicals, which can be endocrine disrupters and have harmful effects on our bodies. Additionally, bottled water is expensive, and even though the bottles are recyclable, it's not a sustainable way to drink water.

There are many reusable water bottles on the market these days. There are BPA-free, heavy-duty plastic bottles, and there are stainless steel bottles, but my preference is for glass water bottles. Many people like these plastic and stainless steel water bottles, but am sensitive and find that water has a funny taste after it's been in either of those options for any length of time. In glass, however, the water always tastes fresh to me.

Three years ago, I saw these chic, colorful water bottles made by Lifefactory, and I had to have one. They're glass with silicone sleeves, they come in various sizes and colors, and they are manufactured in the U.S.A. and France - bien sûr! Recently, I've seen additional products by Lifefactory, including food storage containers and baby bottles. I haven't tried these newer products, but I can highly recommend the water bottles.

I know you're thinking, but Maureen, they're glass; won't my water bottle shatter if I drop it? My water bottle is almost three years old, I have dropped it many times, and it has never chipped or cracked.


I encourage you find yourself a pleasurable way to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Find a bottle or glass that you love, and consider adding some lemon, herbs, or cucumber for a spa-like sipping experience! Santé!

No comments:

Post a Comment