Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Multi-tasking Miracle Moisturizer


Dear readers, today I am thrilled to introduce you to my most recent gold mine beauty find. Please meet 1000 Roses Color + Correct by Andalou Naturals

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

1. It smells heavenly--as if there really are 1000 roses squeezed into the tube. Before the product even touches your skin, you begin to feel pampered and beautiful.

2. It is a color and correct moisturizer (CC cream), so it helps to even your skin tone. One of my autoimmune diseases has caused some hyper-pigmentation on my face, so I am especially appreciative of the CC factor.

3. Because it helps to even your skin tone, it is a great primer for your foundation, or your can forego foundation altogether for a more natural look. Most days, I opt to skip foundation because the moisturizer does the trick. Less makeup = more time in the morning + less money spent on foundation!

4. It is UVA/UVB SPF 30, so your lovely face is protected from the sun, which we all know is the first line of defense against skin cancer and sunburn. The broad-spectrum coverage also helps your skin to age more gracefully.

5. It comes in two shades: sheer nude and sheer tan. Sheer nude blends into all shades of skin, and sheer tan is nice if you want a little extra warmth. I have been opting for nude, but I plan to try tan during the summer.

6. It's designed for delicate and dry skin types. My skin is both delicate and fairly dry, so it's a match made in heaven. Many moisturizers for dry skin I have tried are too heavy and cause blemishes, but this has a perfect consistency for my skin.

7. The EWG Skin Deep database gives it an overall score of 1 (0-2 is considered low-hazard and most safe)! 

One extra note: although the product packaging claims that it is mattifying, I would disagree. It does give a slight glow rather than a matte finish, so you may choose to use a bit of powder. I think the glow looks radiant!

No comments:

Post a Comment