Animal Print
Friday, April 3, 2015
Magical Soaps Indeed
You may recognize Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps. It's a family company which has been making soap for over 150 years, and their products are easy to recognize--they're covered in writing, and they're as colorful as Easter eggs. The company offers many products, but their castile bar and liquid soaps are the big stars.
I was first introduced to Dr. Bronner's living in hippy town USA (Eugene, OR). I saw huge displays of the stuff in half of the grocery stores in town, but for a long time I walked right past. Finally, one day I brought home a bottle of lavender liquid soap, and I fell in love. Since using these soaps, my skin has never been so healthy! It's a nice bonus to have a moment of spa-like aromatherapy every day while bathing. A little soap goes a long way too, so it's worth the small investment. A fun aspect of the bottles is shower entertainment--reading Dr. Bronner's "Moral ABC" on the labels is an interesting way to pass time while your hair mask or conditioner sets.
Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps are marketed as being 18 products in 1 (washing face, body, hands, hair, bathing, shaving, toothbrushing, rinsing fruit, aromatherapy, washing dishes by hand, washing laundry, mopping floors, all-purpose cleaning, washing windows, scrubbing toilets, washing dogs, controlling dust mites, and killing ants and aphids). I've yet to try the soaps for all of these uses, but I can highly recommend them for bathing and for washing makeup brushes. I'll let you know if I try them out for other purposes.
My husband prefers the bar soaps, and I use the liquids. Both bars and liquids come in 8 scents: almond, unscented, citrus orange, eucalyptus, lavender, peppermint, rose, and tea tree. My favorites are almond, citrus orange, lavender, and peppermint. My husband likes eucalyptus, lavender, peppermint, and tea tree.
What makes these soaps even better is that they're made of 100% certified fair trade, organic, ingredients, and EWG Skin Deep gives them all scores between 0-3. Remember, the lower the score, the healthier the product.
Have you tried Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps? What scents do you like best, and what do you use them for? Let me know in the comments box below!
Labels:
beauty,
cleansers,
housekeeping,
skin care
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment